Navy Seal Fitness Challenge
Rick trained for this event for nearly 3 months. The ultimate prize was the coveted "blue shirt". This would mean that you were a competitive Navy Seal...just as good as the real thing. The standards are high and difficult to attain. Still, that was the goal. (Poor guy...his nerves were getting the best of him and he didn't sleep well Friday night. By the time we got there though I think he was pumped).

First event, swimming. It's hard to tell, but that really is him in the pool. The girls sat right behind the security rope cheering him on the whole time. He said he really enjoyed that. (Very cute, Shaelan kept yelling "Keep going Daddy")

Next event, pushups. I think he is resting here. You have to rest in the upright position. That is hard! The third event was situps, 4th pullups and last 1 1/2 mile run. I didn't get pics of the rest of the events.

So here is the tan shirt! No blue shirt, but in Rick's defense he was very close to the blue shirt and of the 1000 participants in Saturday's event, only 10 blue shirts were given out! You see how hard it is? He was very close. He only needed one minute off of his swimming and 45 seconds off of his running. He is already gearing up for the next event.
Anyhow, here is the real excitement of this picture. Rick is receiving a silver medal for most pushups completed in his group. He did 109 pushups in 2 minutes. THAT IS A LOT!!!!!!!! He did awesome and we were all so proud of him!

All of the medal winners for the black group 9:20 time slot. The guy in the gray sweatshirt, green shorts won 2 medals. That is why you only see 4 medal winners when there were 5 events.

Rick's group. Please note that there aren't many tan shirts, so even that was a hard feat to accomplish. No blue shirts in this group.

Close up of the medal winners.
It was a very fun day and Rick did an amazing job. If you are interested in his times, you can go to
http://www.sealfitnesschallenge.com/. Click on Scores at the top of the page, then click on Seattle, WA then scroll down to Crabtree, Richard Jason. When you click on his name his times will come up. The swim was 500 yards, the run was 1 1/2 miles, the pushups and situps were 2 minutes each and the pullups were untimed. Rick will probably continue to train and improve his swimming and running and get the blue shirt next time!
We were fortunate to see Wayne, Sam and Fiona at this event. They were so nice to meet us there and spend the day with us. It was a lot of fun having them there! Thanks guys!
Long Beach WA July 4th
We have never been to the Washington Coast before, so we decided to go for the 4th. It was very fun! (We went with Javin, Michael and Clayton.) Everyone had a great time!
Unfortunately, all the pictures of her with her class and getting her certificate from the principal are all too dark (I'll just say that I wasn't the one with the camera!).
Beautiful Country
Some views from our hike in the Columbia Gorge. Rick took too many pictures to post them all. We are so fortunate to live in the Pacific Northwest where we have this beauty all around us. (Thanks Brandon and Cristal for babysitting)
Whew!!
O.K. The blog is now mostly updated. I have a few more pics I can post, but I am so worn out from all of these!! I'll get to it this weekend, maybe. But for now, I've given you a lot to look at. Enjoy! :)
Grandpa's Funeral
My grandpa passed away April 23. It was a very sad time for me. It made for a nice family reunion, which would have made grandpa very happy. I think that's all I'm going to say, because I'm done crying and if I go on, I'll cry again. Prepare yourself for the flood of pictures that are coming. I obviously couldn't put all the pics on here. I am planning on one day posting an album on facebook with more pics so that family who couldn't attend can see.
Eliana is becoming quite the dancer.
Little Artistas
Two students from every class from every school in Vancouver School District were chosen to have their art work on display in a district-wide art show. The art was chosen from pieces they had completed in art class. Eliana and Kensley were chosen and their art was on display for a month. Here are their pictures during the art show open house. :)
O.K. So I forget that people other than family look at this blog and will not know I am kidding. I will see my sister again...just don't know when. SHe currently lives in California and it's a little easier to see her maybe once a year (my brother-in-law's family lives in Oregon so they make it a priority to come up at least once a year). Now, they are moving to Colorado. It's a little more difficult and a little more expensive to see her so the trips will be a lot less.
Treasures
The kids and I recently took a trip to Klamath Falls where my grandparents live. While visiting, my grandma told us (my sister and I) to take anything belonging to our great grandma (affectionately known as "Granny") that we desired. I came away with some wonderful treasures. The thing I desired most had not been spoken for by any of my cousins or aunts or uncles and so I got to bring it home. I am so excited about my new treasures!
Wrestling Champion!
My cousin, Samuel Mecham, won the Oregon state wrestling tournament in his weight class. GO SAM!!!!!
Facebook
So my baby cousin Nicole has been visiting us this week. (I can call her that because I was almost 16 when she was born.) She persuaded me to open a Facebook account to keep in touch with her when she moves on to our grandparent's house next week. I did it for her and it's amazing all of the people I've talked to in just one day. So many old friends...it's great to recconect. So, if any of you out there have a Facebook account (that haven't already contacted me), sign my wall!
You go girl!!
As a parent you get the right to brag on your children once in awhile. Kensley just had a reading test to check progress halfway through the school year. She can currently read 104 words per minute. By the end of 1st grade, the goal is for kids to read 55 words per minute! Her teacher is very impressed by her. She is simply following in her sisters' footsteps. All of the girls now read above grade level. WAY TO GO KENSLEY!!
The Final Word...
One more thing before we move on. Now that the football season is officially over with Florida's win over Oklahoma (they were competing for the #2 spot because Utah already took #1), we can have the final word on the BCS. To quote former University of Oregon Athletic Director Bill Moos, there is an east-coast bias against the Pac-10, and as for the BCS? Take out the C and that's what I think of it. You go Bill...That's exactly what it is. For all of you who think that the BCS is a legitimate organization and Florida won it outright, think again. Utah got jipped! The BCS is not based on strength of schedule, margin of victory, etc. An article was posted on Yahoo! this week about the BCS computer models. A large percentage of it is based on votes from coaches and other sports "experts". Do you know how many of them said they didn't even vote? Or better yet, that they couldn't cast a vote for Utah because they didn't even watch their game? How can you vote in a system you don't wholly participate in? How can you rob teams just because you have a bias to who should be in the top 10 or top 2 so you "don't watch" other games? Incredible. Here's to hoping that someday this circus gets fixed. What a freaking joke.
Perfect end to a great season
Way to go Pac-10 for an undefeated bowl season! What great bowl games we've had to watch over the last week (with the exception of the Oregon State game. Who wins a bowl game by 3-0? Oh that's right. The same team that lost their rivalry game by 4 touchdowns! But don't worry...Mike Riley is "proud of [his] kids for coming back from their loss to Oregon to win the bowl game". Give me a break. Better luck next time Riley.)
And a big shout out to Utah and all their fans. WAY TO GO!!! What an awesome game. There is a reason you are undefeated this season. You are the national champions in my book!
Disclaimer
Just a disclaimer...I know the following pictures and statements are going to look funny to those of you from Klamath Falls or Utah, but here in this area of the Pacific Northwest, a storm like this is quite debilitating. This type of storm comes through about every 10 years or so and county and city agencies are never as prepared as they think they are. That results in fewer sanded roads, closed roads/highways and chaos everywhere you go. We are not even to the end of it. The really dangerous stuff arrived today, being freezing rain and sleet, and will continue into tomorrow. (I hope Rick is off of work!!)
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
It is an AWESOME day to be a duck!! This is no longer Beaver Nation!!!! Roses aren't smelling so good for you beaver believers are they? WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! See you all in San Diego December 30!!!!!
GO DUCKS!!!!!!!
It's o.k....
For all you Beaver fans out there, I just have to say in advance that an Oregon loss on Saturday is not going to kill me. Now, I hope that it won't happen. However, if it does, the silver lining is that it keeps USC out of the Rose Bowl. Since I hate SC more than anyone, even a Beaver, it will be o.k. With that said, may the best webfoot win!
GO DUCKS!!
WAY TO GO RICK. DAN AND I ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU. WISH WE COULD OF BEEN THERE TO CHEER YOU ON. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. VERY AMAZING CHALLENGES THAT YOU HAD TO UNDERGO. WOW WOW WOW. HERE ARE OUR HUGS. XXXXXX. AND EVEN MORE.
ReplyDelete